At 0800, June 30, 1910, an artillery crew from the Royal Bavarian Army's
III Corps fired a round from a hill just to the west of the village of Grafenwohr. It marked the beginning of military training at the newly-established Grafenwoehr Training Area. It's
a legacy which continues today, 108 years later, as NATO and Partner nations hone their skills and build the relationships here that promote stability and security in Europe. Happy Birthday, Grafenwoehr Training Area!