The 7th Army Training Command Office of the Staff Judge Advocate provides tax preparation services at U.S. Army installations at Grafenwoehr, Hohenfels and in Katterbach at USAG Ansbach. The Tax Center provides free preparation of federal and state income-tax returns, plus electronic filing of federal returns, also at no cost.
Only DOD ID cardholders making less than $54,000 are eligible to receive services at the Tax Center in 2019.
Tax Season: The Tax Center will be open for walk-ins and drop-offs, but appointments will still have priority. The Grafenwoehr, Ansbach and Hohenfels Tax Centers will close for the season April 19. There will be limited consultation services available after that time on Vilseck and Ansbach until about June 1.
The tax season and Tax Center hours vary from community to community. Check the hours and call ahead to ensure the local tax office is open.
For your Tax Center appointment, please bring the following items and forms:
- Military ID card
- Social Security card/ITIN letters
- 2018 Tax returns
- All income documents: W-2, SSA, 1099s and 1098s, MISC, DIV or INT
- IRS Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet (Form 13614-C) (completely filled-out)
- Power of attorney if married filing jointly and your spouse is not or cannot be present.
- Education documents (1098-T or E)
- Income and expenses related to real property rental
The Tax Center cannot prepare:
- Tax Returns with a gross income over $54,000 annually
- Foreign-Earned Income Exclusion
- Capital Gains and loss
- Rental Income from more than one rental property
- Sale of a rental property
- Sale of more than five assets